2017-1243# of Openings
Reporting to the Materials Manager, the DC Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all activities of the Shipping and Receiving Department, as well as DC operations such as cutting and paralleling.Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
The DC Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all activities of the Shipping and Receiving Department in order to assure accurate records of inventory as well as timely shipping of finished product to ensure customer satisfaction. The DC Coordinator does have supervisory responsibilities.Responsibilities
- Maintain accuracy and control of finished goods inventory and direct cycle count activities, including reconciliation.
- Arrange and schedule overtime among DC associates.
- Perform allocation and schedule cuts in the DC.
- Prioritize with shipping schedule and communicate directly with the sales office, supply chain and manufacturing, any change in schedule or any manufacturing problem that will affect delivery.
- Provide direction to Transfer Operators on Customer priorities to support 24 hr. response time. Coordinate production requirements through DC machinery.
- Coordinate all Receiving functions including scrap shipments and utilization of Receiving resources during slow receiving time periods for scrap line and other DC requirements.
- Provide direction to Transfer Operators on Customer priorities to support same day/24 hr. response time.
- Order DC supplies.
- Process all paperwork associated with all described duties.
- Enforce all safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct safety training and communications as required.
- Provide an environment for Lean Six Sigma culture, techniques and principles to flourish within the DC.
- Results driven; demonstrated ability in a high performance mfg. environment
- Proven working knowledge of Shipping Department practices
- Demonstrated good attention to details, but be able to manage the big picture
- Must be able to manage multiple, complex tasks and deal easily with pressure
- Must be able to motivate, communicate and drive continuous improvement
- Critical thinker, with excellent analytical abilities
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Solid planning, leadership, and administrative skills
- High energy, demonstrates urgency and fast pace
- Supervisory experience and have knowledge of material handling equipment
- Must be able to utilize computer systems (ERP, Excel, Word, etc.) to provide both analysis and management summaries of activities
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Work Environment/Physical Demands:PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS - RATED: LightC
- BS degree in Business Administration or Logistics preferred.
- 3 - 5 years shipping experience in a distribution environment preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
eldom-JOB DEMANDADDITIONAL INFORMATIONAudio-VisualC/I/S
Near, far, depth and peripheral
Safety glasses/side shieldsPhysical Tasks
Floor to Knuckle
Knuckle to Shoulder
Shoulder and above
Data entry on computer and paperworkPhysical Exposures
Hearing Protection required
Seasonal 3-4 months/yr
> 82degreesJOB CONDITIONS:
General manufacturing and officeEnvironment
- 8 or 12 hr shifts; carbon monoxide from forklifts.Hazards
- Noise, cleaning solutionsPPE
- Ear Plugs, gloves, safety glasses, safety toe shoes
General Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. General Cable will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.