OHL North AmericaJob ID
Judlau Contracting, Inc. is a leader in the heavy construction industry, specializing in large public works projects, including bridges, tunnels, subways, highways, electrical and signal modernization, performed by design-build and design-bid-build. The company is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in Virginia and Chicago to serve the Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions, respectively.
The Project Manager is to lead a team focused on the execution of construction projects in the areas of roads, bridges, utilities, mass transit, tunneling and site work construction. The Project Managers work location may be performed at both the company's main office and at the construction job sites, as required by the immediate supervisor and/or project requirements. This position reports to the Operations Manager. The Project Manager has all project level personnel reporting to them.Responsibilities
- Track contractual changes and notify changes to the owner.
- Review cost estimates for changes to the contract for submission and negotiation with the owner.
- Review and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Develop, maintain and update construction CPM schedules including cost-loading and resource-loading as required.
- Work with the scheduler to prepare schedule updates and monthly narratives
- Review monthly schedule reports and narratives prepared by the scheduler for submission to the owner.
- Create and update two week look ahead schedules.
- Lead team in the preparation of construction plans, safety procedures, quality work plans, etc.
- Prepare, review, update and report on construction cost reports and labor productivity reports.
- Prepare, review, submit and track Requests for Information, Change Orders, correspondence and other transmittals using project management software programs.
- Determine quantities of work performed and prepare monthly payment requisitions for both the Owner contract and all subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Review and approve material and subcontractor invoices.
- Supervise the work of superintendents, project engineers and field engineers and ensure coordination.
- 10+ years experience in construction project management
- Highly proficient in standard business software (Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe).
- Highly proficient in construction orientated project management software programs
- Strong skills in financial management of projects
- Knowledge of scheduling software, Primavera P6 scheduling program is a plus.
- Knowledge of AutoCad and/or MicroStation programs is a plus
- Ability to make decisions and work independently
- Ability to meet critical project milestones.
- Willingness to coordinate and work in a team environment.
- Ability to read and comprehend construction drawings and specifications for all disciplines of work.
OHL USA, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("OHL") shall not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to OHL or an employee of OHL, by mail, electronically, or otherwise will be considered OHL property. OHL will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. OHL will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. OHL Human Resources is the only authorized representative of OHL to execute any agreements with search firms or staffing agencies. As a condition for payment, a Vendor shall have OHL USA Inc.'s Personnel Agreement and a Job Order signed by an authorized OHL HR representative. Verbal or written communications from any employee of OHL and its subsidiaries shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be the property of OHL.