Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/VJob ID
US-NC-Winston-SalemHours Per Week
This Government Patient Accounts Receivable Representative position is responsible for assisting patients with financial aspects of their hospital service and collecting outstanding balances. The ideal candidates must have 2-3 years healthcare reimbursement experience in the healthcare reimbursement industry primarily working with traditional Medicare and Medicaid receivables .Responsibilities
- Follow up on all claims from billing through final resolution.
- Review and prepare claims for manual and/or electronic billing submission.
- Identify billing errors for correction and resubmit claims to insurance carriers.
- Follow up on payment errors, low reimbursement, denials, etc.
- Review Insurance EOB's and initiate appeals as necessary.
- Print and mail UB04s or HCFA 1500s as necessary for account resolution.
- Act cooperatively and responsibly with patients, visitors, co-workers, management and clients.
- Keep current with all Medicare and Medicaid rules and regulations
- Maintain a professional attitude.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- 2+ years experience in healthcare customer service or insurance collections field.
- Strong knowledge of computer billing systems
- Ability to work well individually and in a team environment.
- Able to work in a professional, corporate setting.
- Experience working with customer support/client issue resolution management.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
nThrive is the leader in providing end-to-end revenue cycle services, technology and education solutions. Previously known as MedAssets, Precyse, Equation and Adreima, each formerly a leader in its own right, we've combined our talents and capabilities into a single enterprise. At nThrive, we are people who are passionate about empowering health care for every one in every community. We work together to transform financial and operational performance, enabling health care organizations to thrive.
nThrive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity or any other federal, state or local protected class.