AltaMed Health Services
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.Job ID
Assists in routine food preparation tasks associated with all food services including breakfast and lunch preparations, home meals, center snacks, and special events.Responsibilities
- Set up tables, water, creamer, napkins, etc.
- Assist in the serving of meals.
- Assist in the cleaning of the dining area after all meals have been served.
- Review special diet lists and present trays as instructed; will use discretion to protect patient privacy as much as possible.
- Assist in taking breakfast and lunch temperatures when food arrives and when food is served as needed.
- Maintain and clean refrigerator as needed.
- Label and date food as needed.
- Fax in meal count for breakfast and lunch to Caterer as needed.
- Review and adjust next day's menu count, milk and juice as needed.
- Maintain food order records as needed.
- Keep storeroom clean and organized.
- Assist with tallies of all meals served.
- Assist in the preparation of the meal delivery ticket form.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- California Food Handler Certificate of Achievement.
- CPR/First Aid training required.
- High School diploma preferred.
- A minimum of one year experience working as a Food Preparation Aide preferred; experience working with the elderly population and their families preferably in a community agency or health care setting also preferred.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish/Mandarin/Cantonese depending on location preferred.