DSS, Inc. is a drug and alcohol free workplace (DFWP).
DSS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity (EOE), Affirmative Action (AA) employer that invites and encourages minorities (M), women (F), veterans (V), veterans preferred (V Preferred), LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual) and individuals with disabilities (H) to apply.
We are ADEA and ADA compliant.Position Title:
- is responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of the required hardware, software, and related cloud and on premise infrastructure;
- participates in a team responsible for the design, implementation, and the automation of deployment of systems, networks, storage, and software; and,
- ensures that hardware, operating systems, application software, and related procedures adhere to organizational compliancy and operational requirements.
- daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups;
- security monitoring, vulnerability scanning, and penetration testing; ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization;
- server hardening and implements infrastructure protections in accordance with security best practices;
- capacity monitoring; short and long term capacity planning; and,
- troubleshooting as required, leading problem-solving efforts with outside vendors, other technical personnel and/or organizations.
- project management functions including managing the installation of new systems and other special projects.
- and recommends innovative, and possible automated approaches for system administration tasks;
- and, tests new and emerging technologies focused on enhancing Cloud operations.
- Installs new, or rebuilds existing, servers and configures hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Identifies approaches that leverage existing resources and provide economies of scale.
- Develops and maintains operational, installation, configuration procedures and other procedures.
- Verifies data backup, replication, and testing operations are performing correctly.
- Applies OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Actively participates in the implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity capabilities; maintains detailed technical support documentation.
- Stays abreast of advanced principles and practices of Information Technology, project management, industry standards, and advanced technical concepts.
- Work with other departments' teams, as requested, in recommending the required hardware and software topology for the right deployment architecture.
- Contributes to the development and completion of technical RFP's.
- Performs on-call responsibilities and after-hours duties as necessary and/or directed by DSS Management.
- Manages the data center and computer host systems including hardware, software and equipment such as temperature monitoring, UPS (uninterrupted power system) and fire protection systems.
- Operates and provides support for enterprise communication systems in-house and on cloud.
- Establishes, maintains and manages service accounts. Installs, modifies and maintains systems and utility software on serv
OPEN DATE 11/8/2017
EXPERIENCE LEVEL 4-8 Years
EDUCATION LEVEL Bachelor's Degree
EXPIRE DATE 12/8/2017
DATE FIRST POSTED 11/8/2017 10:31:47 AM