Community Health Center, Inc. (CHCI). CHC is one of the country's most creative and dynamic providers of primary medical, dental and behavioral health services, and a leader in practice based research, health professionals training, and use of innovative technologies to advance health and health care.CHCI is designated as a federally qualified health center and a patient centered medical home by HRSA, the Joint Commission, and NCQA, respectively. WE deliver more than 500,000 patient visits per year from primary care hubs and community clinics across the state of Ct, all connected by technology and common standards for quality. We employ several hundred medical, dental, and behavioral health providers who are engaged in practice, teaching, and research. Our Weitzman Institute is devoted to research and practice transformation, and is recognized around the country as one of the premier research institutes focused on improving health care and health outcomes for special and vulnerable populations. In addition, the organization has developed three wholly owned subsidiaries from the original pilot developments within the Weitzman Institute, the National Nurse Practitioner Residency and Fellowship Training Consortium (NNPRFTC), the National Institute for Medical Assistant Advancement, and the Community eConsult Network.National Nurse Practitioner Residency and fellowship training Consortium, National Institute for the Advancement of Medical Assistants and the Community eConsult Network.
The Manager, Compensation has full HR responsibility for CHC's compensation programs. This includes having primary responsibility for annual planning, analysis and administration of the organizations program. Responsible for developing and maintaining the organizations salary program to including market analysis, maintenance of salary grades, review of internal equity, monitoring of the organizations incentive plans and analyzing job descriptions. Actively trains and educates HR Team, management and employees on compensation programming.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs compensation structures in the organization (grading system, job evaluation system, job description policy, promotion policy, etc.) aligned with CHC's culture and values
- Coordinates compensation processes like the salary planning, bonus planning and incentive schemes development
- Approves exceptions in the compensation of the individual employees
- Calculate and communicate quarterly incentives for providers
- Trains HR Business Partners and line managers in the compensation area
- Program lead for all salary compensation programs, to include salary grades, internal equity and market analysis and job description review
- Partners with the HRIS analyst to coordinate functionality within the HRIS system as it pertains to compensation programing
- Manage Annual Merit Process
- Assist in writing job descriptions and maintain database of all job descriptions.
- Maintain salary ranges, evaluate exemption status, and evaluate all offers as it relates to compensation.
- Assist in preparation of budgets.
- Prepares and approves incentives and incentive plan formats.
- Design and prepare ad hoc compensation and budget related reports for management.
- Participate in salary surveys, and analyze data from survey sources to determine competitiveness both internally and externally.
- Price new jobs utilizing salary surveys.
- Interpret relevant data and help implement compensation strategies.
- Keep a communication line open between the human resources department and all employees in the organization.
- Answer compensation inquiries in a timely manner, create effective business partnerships
- Participates in creation and implementation of variable pay, promotion, and merit rating programs.
- Ensures adherence to established organization policies and makes recommendations for change as appropriate.
- Ensures programs and policies are in compliance with all State and Federal laws and regulations, including, but not limited to Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS) and the False Claims Act (FCA).
- Assist VP, Human Resources in developing, implementing, and maintaining a job evaluation and merit program.
- Analyzes wage and salary practices, and recommends changes to the current program to maintain competitiveness in the marketplace.
- Be prepared at all times to attend leadership meetings surrounding the provider compensation program.
- Provides excellent customer service to vendors and employees
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as necessary
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience working in Compensation including compensation modeling, incentive plans and market data
- Experience working as part of a human resources team
- Experience supervising support staff
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to independently initiate and execute projects with a strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Proven customer service, organizational and team collaboration skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, efficiently prioritize projects and embrace new challenges
- Strong technology aptitude with excellent MS Office suite skills and HRIS systems
- Able to work well with diverse groups and willingness to assist where needed
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Minimal physical effort. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to operate computer and telephone continuously. Regular regional travel as necessary.