Job Summary: Set up and operate CNC water jet/plasma machines. Uses precision measuring instruments to inspect parts, make necessary adjustments to control part processes and hold the highest quality standards. Responsible for daily inspection records, labor reporting, and daily preventive maintenance. This position's time will be 65% machine operation and 35% set-up/programming.
Primary Functional Responsibilities:
- Work from operation traveler, prints, and oral instructions to plan work, select tools and materials, and determine the proper and most efficient method and setup to use.
- Install tools into machine. Load CNC program, select appropriate cutting tool speeds and feeds and depth of cuts to optimize processes.
- Monitor machine operation, verify accuracy of settings and program, detect malfunctions or out of tolerance features, use precision measuring instruments, make machine adjustments as needed to control process.
- Run/inspect first piece and production parts as required and make adjustments until part is machined within specifications.
- Run more than one machine at the same time as required.
- Submit potential program changes to CNC Programmer.
- Report damaged or spent tooling to Team Leader/Supervisor.
- Use various measuring devices to ensure work is to print specification including, but not limited to, coordinate measuring machine, machinist square and verniers.
- Use crane, dollies and carts to obtain and return material to and from storage area and move completed job to next operation.
- Clean and maintain work area as well as machines, tools, and equipment to ensure optimal condition.
- Perform all job functions in accordance with established operating procedures.
- Identify and assist in remediation of any and all safety hazards in the work place.
- Perform other duties as directed by Team Leader/Supervisor.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent and 3 - 5 years of experience in a machine shop environment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to use measuring equipment such as measuring tapes, verniers and calipers.
- Must be able to be certified to operate a forklift and use hoists to pick up heavy parts.
- General computer skills.
- Experience with AutoCAD preferred.
- Experience with Komatsu and Columbus software a plus.
- Ability to read and understand both written and oral instructions, e.g. operation travelers, safety notices and rules, operating and maintenance instructions, etc.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to interpret blueprints and sketches.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to apply all basic shop math functions.
- Capable of standing while operating equipment up to 12 hours daily.
- Willing and able to work overtime as required.
- Willing to work any shift as necessary.
Work Environment: The work environment is representative of those in a standard machine shop environment including extreme cold and heat. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
North Kingstown, United States
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status