AltaMed Health Services
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.Job ID
Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor of Medical Escort or PACE Center Manager, the Medical Escort will assist and accompany PACE participants to outside center appointments and provide personal care and assistance in the activities of daily living such as toileting and eating.Responsibilities
- Escort participant to external appointments.
- Prepare patient at Center or aid in pick-up of patient from home.
- Ensure participant safety and comfort while at the outside appointment.
- Provide personal care and assistance in the activities of daily living such as toileting and eating while at the outside appointment.
- Dress/undress patient, transfer and/or assist patient to chair/bed, and translate and interpret for patient while at outside appointment.
- Provide assistance with other departments at the Center as directed.
- Notify clinical staff of their participant observations to ensure appropriate assessment of any potential abnormality and facilitation of any future care needs.
- Coordinate and communicate with the Transportation Department for timely appointment retrieval and return.
- Aid with reminder calls to patients.
- Ensure completion and return of appropriate referrals and follow-up.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Have a minimum of one year of experience working with the frail or elderly population including a Primary Care Physician (PCP)
- Bilingual: English/Spanish/Mandarin/Cantonese depending on location preferred.