US Water Services, Inc.Job ID
Full Time Non Exempt
U.S. Water Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.Overview
Facilitate the production process from the time an order is scheduled until it is completed and ready for final QC. This includes meeting the demands of a production schedule that guarantees orders are filled in a timely manner, meets or exceeds customer requests, and supports department goals. Responsibilities include manufacturing all blended chemical products during their shift, ensuring production activities comply with all USWS policies and procedures, maintaining the production area in an orderly and operational condition, and leading their assigned shift, including being the point of contact for all production related questions. It is the expectation that the shift lead will provide process improvement suggestions, train and develop their team, and be an asset to the production supervisor.Responsibilities
- Supervise the production shift. Establish and/or improve policies, procedures, to meet the expectations of US Water Services' customers and employees. Keep tabs on all raw materials to maintain proper inventory.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment. This includes making sure any employees in their work area are wearing the proper PPE and following all safe work instructions.
- Directly accountable for producing blended chemicals in accordance with USWS quality control procedures. They must complete and maintain the accuracy of batch tickets, labels and other details used to complete each order.
- Utilize chemical on a First In, First Out (FIFO) basis preventing the spoiling of product. This includes properly identifying lot numbers used. They will also assist in annual inventory counts, as well as cycle counts as needed throughout the year.
- Responsible for ensuring all calibration logs, water checklists, and preventative maintenance logs are current and filled out properly.
- Work with production workers to ensure all orders are completed safely, accurately, neatly, and in the correct order.
- Maintain all production equipment in good operational condition. Work with Plant Manager and maintenance to schedule needed repairs. Responsible for the cleanliness of plant, grounds, and production equipment.
- Assist Production Supervisor or Plant Manager with coordinating work flow and information between shifts, warehouse, QC, and scheduling.
- Work with Production Coordinator in requesting non-chemical products for the Production Department to include operating supplies, safety supplies, labels, and office supplies.
- Provide back up, through cross training, to QC department in regard to quality control of finished product.
- Other duties as assigned by Production Supervisor or Plant Manager.
- Supervise the production shift to include supervising employees, improving processes, and enforcing policies.
- Make recommendations in regards to any production staff disciplinary actions needed. Help administer employee improvement plans as needed.
- Work with Production Coordinator to ensure the schedule is followed and requirements are met.
- Make recommendations of when to order raw materials, containers, or other need production supplies.
- Recommendation of production needs and/or solutions.
- Submit process improvement recommendations to the Production Supervisor or Plant Manager as appropriate.
- Possess an excellent safety record.
- Must have previous experience in chemical handling or blending. Preferably at least one year of service at US Water Services with zero preventable accidents.
- Have strong problem solving skills as well as the ability to identify and manage process improvement.
- Embrace and sustain the idea that production is a support function of US Water Services.
- Have a good understanding of the chemical blending process.
- Strong abilities in communication and multitasking.
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
- Must be able to thrive in a team environment, to include working across departments throughout the company.
- Mechanical abilities and aptitude.