Facilities & Operations
. Menlo Park, California
Samsung Strategy & Innovation Center
Role/Title: Office Manager
Samsung Strategy & Innovation Center (SSIC) is a global organization within Samsung's Device Solutions division, with the core missions of open innovation through collaboration with entrepreneurs and strategic partners, investments in disruptive technologies and startups, and new business creation via M&A and partnerships. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, with offices in Korea, Israel and the U.K., SSIC's focus areas include cloud infrastructure, digital health, IoT, smart lighting, and smart machines.
Location: Menlo Park, CA
We are looking for an office manager who thrives for excellence in assisting team members to be efficient and productive.
Common Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day office operations
- Coordinate company events including; working with internal and/or external teams and overseeing implementation of support logistics
- Manages coordination of onsite food service needs
- Responsible for office related purchasing, supplies stocking, finance processing, facility management and necessary internal approval process
- Assists new employees through the orientation process - including Facilities amenities, office set-up, and system overviews
- Ensures compliance with health and safety policies
- Liaise with property/landlord regarding overall maintenance and facilities
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years related office manager experience preferred.
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
- High ability to work independently and use appropriate discretionary judgment
- Strong professionalism and an energetic positive attitude
- Excellent customer service to all guests, employees and visitors
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, organization, time management and follow-up skills
- Driven self-starter, with a proactive approach to work. Handling emergent and unique issues without requiring specific direction
- Extremely organized - Uses resources effectively and efficiently; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal
- Ability to learn quickly when facing new problems; relentless and versatile learner that is open to change.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, follow compliance laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and basic office IT tasks (connecting to projector, starting audio and video conferencing, minor printer troubleshooting, etc.)
- Self-confidence to excel in a high-impact, highly dynamic and globally dispersed team environment.
- Collaborative and team-oriented.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Decisive and uses good judgment.
- Has a strong sense of accountability and takes responsibility for actions.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Resourceful and creative.
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Has a "can-do" attitude.
- Willingness to take responsibility.