IBTS and its three subsidiaries provide professional services to all levels of governments, nonprofits, and public-private partnerships. Services are provided in many states, and nine field service locations provide regional and national services. Its vision is to be recognized as the leading service provider to all levels of government, community and industry worldwide. Established over 40 years ago, IBTS is a 501(c) (3) non-profit fee for services type organization with 350 staff and more than 200 consultants. IBTS provides services in community/city/county administration (all services except fire, police, health, and social services), disaster recovery, public infrastructure, construction management, building department/ planning/zoning, energy, resiliency, grant administration, risk management, facility management, IT/data management, QA/QC, and program administration. IBTS has been growing rapidly due to its successful track-record, unique value proposition, and diverse services.
We are committed to building a community of experts with diverse backgrounds, disciplines, and perspectives who are passionate about our mission.
IBTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran. S3 Residence encouraged to apply.
IBTS is headquartered in Ashburn, VA, with additional offices in Louisiana, Missouri, New York, Oklahoma, Texas and Washington, DC.
IBTS is seeking an accomplished Human Capital Director-level professional to provide overall leadership and management of human capital planning and human resources (HR) planning, policy, and program development. This position is located in our headquarters office in Ashburn, VA.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Director of Human Capital provides overall leadership and management of human capital planning and human resources (HR) planning, policy, and program development. Leads in the implementation of the strategic human capital plan to support the executives in achieving the strategic plans. Acts as a business partner to support all human capital needs for all divisions and be a trusted advisor and thought leader for all other directors. Assesses, refines and implements the HR strategic plan, performance plan, and operating plan consistent with company goals and objectives. Assists and supports in the transformation of the organization to a value driven, entrepreneurial, and collaborative teams.
Leads the training, development, and mentoring to achieve successional planning along with growth of 40% annually. Assists and advises management in the planning and implementation of human capital goals consistent with policies and mission. Establishes accountability for achievement of human capital goals; monitors performance and provides feedback. Delivers human resources services in support of strategic management of human capital.
Plans and implements policies, programs, and services to provide for employment services and operations, training, employee and labor relations, organizational development, and workforce information and analysis. Provides advice and support for the planning, development, implementation, oversight, and evaluation of HR information systems. Conducts formulation, justification, and execution activities for human capital budget. Manages, directs and develops existing and future HR team in all locations.
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or other field which is directly applicable to the position. Master's degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years in a similar capacity of Human Capital Director or similar position with corporate governance responsibility in an organization with about 500 + staff, multi-location in USA
- Over 10 years of human resources management experience
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- Demonstrated success in supporting growth, succession planning, implementing best practices, and transforming organization
- Experience managing the recruitment function in an organization with multiple locations and understanding of the business development process for providing engineering services to government at all levels is preferred
Required skills, knowledge, and demonstrated success:
- Overall business / leadership skills which include capabilities and success in prioritizing, planning, delegating, organizing, and establishing key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Thrives on building long-lasting internal customer relationships and in developing teams and individuals in a positive, collaborative culture.
- Ambitious and motivated with the desire to succeed; high positive energy delegator.
- Excellent interpersonal, financial and analytical skills; executive level skills and capabilities in strategic planning, leadership, and problem solving.
- Enhancer of the image of the organization with high degree of professionalism, integrity, and ethics.
- Ability to take an enterprise-level view and align and engage the staff to the vision; translate the vision into an executable plan that inspires success and synergy.
- Experience acting as a catalyst for innovation and change in an agile manner.
- Provides ongoing feedback to members of the organization to assist with the further development of their skills, capabilities, and approaches. Uses a combination of formal and informal methods to deliver feedback and career counseling. Acts in a fair, just and consistent manner; comfortable in leading through change and in making the tough decisions when required.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and foster team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust. Facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish group goals.