2017-1266# of Openings
15 hours agoCategory
Beaver Dam Plant
The Production Planner has primary responsibility to ensure accurate planning parameters are in place within a Lean Manufacturing environment and follow up on production orders in support of customer and internal demands. Will analyze work center loads for effective capacity planning. Will also ensure accurate inventories by effectively addressing any labor reporting issues. This position has a close working relationship with Operations, Product Engineering, purchasing, and customer service. In addition, the Production Planner will confer with department heads to determine status of assigned projects, expedite operations that delay schedules and prepare production reports.Responsibilities
- Ensure timely review of customer demand and provide feedback to the Customer Service and Sales teams.
- Establish the required quantities and availability of materials needed to meet customer demand, and oversee the release shop orders accordingly.
- Proactively communicate across the organization scheduling issues and opportunities to ensure deliveries are met and objectives are achieved.
- Confer with department supervisors to determine status of scheduled work.
- Act as the information hub for all issues concerning/impacting delivery schedules.
- Expedite operations that delay schedules, and alter schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Interface with purchasing to expedite problem parts and to reschedule material deliveries that will result in excess inventory.
- Close shop orders ensuring proper material consumption. Perform inventory movements and adjustments as needed.
- Communicate with various departments on any potential production issues or needs.
- Support cross plant/departmental teams and projects as necessary.
- Engage with shop floor personnel with any issues.
- Implements and maintains all components of the performance management system for all direct reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in SAP, Kanban & Lean Manufacturing
- Knowledge in Blue print reading
- Understanding Labor reporting
- Exceptional people skills in working with external customers and internal customers
- Strong team player
- Basic understanding of materials planning and inventory concepts
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes
- Creative thinking skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Associate degree with a business emphasis
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in production planning
- Basic knowledge of word and excel
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identityPM17