Location: Seattle, WA USA
Duration: Full-time Regular
Department: Safety & Environmental
# of Openings: 1
Req #: 2040Description
As an entry level Safety Coordinator, you will be responsible for working on an assigned project or assisting multiple projects within the area answering to the Project Safety Manager and/or District Safety Manager. You will be required to work with the project(s) team to implement the company safety and health program; responsibilities will include conducting and developing training, participating in meetings and acting as a resource to our field employees.Responsibilities
- Provide administrative, technical direction, and updates on the safety program
- Provide assistance to project field employees to ensure compliance with all safety policies
- Assist in investigating incidents on site and ensure the proper documentation has been completed by the assigned supervisor.
- Administer safety incentive programs
- Administer company drug and alcohol program
- Conduct and participate in safety audits
- Coordinate and deliver safety training activities on the project
- Inventory and order safety supplies and materials as needed
- Assist Project Safety Manager or District Safety Manager in managing the return to work program.
- Attend pre-construction meetings, progress meetings, and other required meetings
- Liaise with project stakeholders
- Liaise with governing agencies
- Maintains knowledge of Flatiron's company values and strategic plan
- Support published corporate policies
- Perform additional assignments per management's direction
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or a related field from an accredited institution.
- 0-3 years of experience in safety management
- OSHA 30hr in construction or GSP preferred but not required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
Some of the benefits you can expect as a Flatiron employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Flatiron is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.