Location: Broomfield, CO USA
Duration: Full-time Regular
Department: Business Development & Marketing
# of Openings: 1
Req #: 2044Description
The Central Business Development Manager will manage business development policies, processes, and procedures to develop and support best-in-class practices for Flatiron Construction Corporation's Water Group. This position will support and coordinate with Area Managers and business development leaders to maintain the quality and uniformity of our business development processes. The Central Business Development Manager will also manage the Water Group's sales opportunities in the CRM system; assist in identifying and positioning for new business opportunities; participate in strategic and budget planning activities; assist in developing and supporting pursuit teams; and serve as an internal and external representative of Flatiron's business development team.Essential Functions
- Support the day to day processes and function of the business development team for the water group (i.e., facilitating meetings, overall coordination across geographies/areas, CRM management, pursuit strategy, budget and strategic planning, and business development training).
- Develop and maintain best-in-class business development policies, processes, and practices.
- Coordinate with and support Area Managers and business development leaders in their sales efforts.
- Assist in identifying and positioning for new business opportunities for core water/wastewater opportunities; screen and facilitate sales opportunities and growth through research, relationships, calls, conferences, and presentations.
- Participate in annual strategic and budget planning activities related to business development.
- Participate in water and wastewater related industry tradeshow activities to identify, coordinate, and meet with prospective clients.
- Maintain positive relationships and work across departments to foster assistance as needed in sales proposals, presentations, and specifications.
- Manage CRM system.
- Operate as a key member of strategic pursuit teams by participating in capture and campaign activities, writing and editing proposal and SOQ content, and coaching project interview teams.
- Partner with marketing team to develop marketing materials and tools to support business development efforts and growth in the water practice.
- Provide business development training and brownbags as needed within the organization.
- 8+ years of experience with business development, market research, and sales activities.
- Client facing experience developing new business for water/wastewater projects.
- Ability to successfully manage CRM system tracking multiple opportunities and clients.
- Fiscal responsibility in managing complex multidiscipline projects.
- Strong research, business, and communications skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Creative problem solving ability, collaboration, and follow-up skills.
- Strong organizational skills, flexibility, and the ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Bachelor's degree in civil or environmental engineering, construction management, business, marketing, communication, computer science or related degree.
Some of the benefits you can expect as a Flatiron employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Flatiron is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.