2017-1217# of Openings
This is a position reporting to the Maintenance Coordinator. The DuQuoin, IL facility produces medium voltage power cables. As the facility continues to aggressively increase in productivity and lowers it manufacturing costs, there is a need to recruit skilled Maintenance Technicians to maintain and repair equipment critical to the manufacturing process.Basic Function:
Primary role of the maintenance technician position is to install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair all types of manufacturing machinery and equipment (mechanical and electrical) in a heavy industrial environment. Prepare reports, interface with the facility CMMS, provide feed back to supervision as required to improve operations and machine reliability. Maintain and demonstrate a safety first mentality.ResponsibilitiesPrinciple Functional Responsibilities:
- Observe and follow all plant and department safety rules, work rules, procedures, and EHS policies.
- Troubleshoot and repair of plant manufacturing machinery and support equipment.
- Basic working knowledge of motor controls and drives (AC, DC and VFD), PLC and relay based systems.
- Inspect, repair and understand the technical aspects (electrical and mechanical) of water pumps, oil pumps, vacuum conveying systems, hydraulic and pneumatic components / operations, alignment procedures, bearing installation, and mechanical transmission devices.
- Ability to perform light machining work (lathe and milling machines).
- Repair or fabrication of machine parts utilizing welding techniques.( arc and oxy-acetylene)
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics, drawings and technical literature to aid in preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and reliability of plant machinery and systems.
- Perform inspections and preventative maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment.
- Provide recommendations, ideas, and suggestions to improve reliability of machinery, equipment and operations.
- Provide basic training to, production associates and other personnel as needed.
- Other tasks as required.
- Must be able to pass a forklift certification procedure.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work any shift.
- Must be able to walk through the entire 250,000+ sq.ft. facility as needed during the course of a normal work day.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders.
- Must be able to work in varying seasonal temperatures within an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Ability to certify skills through testing.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- 5 to 7 years industrial experience.
- 3-5 years minimum experience in an industrial maintenance position.
- College certificate, applicable armed forces training or a completed apprenticeship program.
Associates degree in Industrial Technology or Industrial Electronics.
General Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. General Cable will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.