DSS, Inc. is a drug and alcohol free workplace (DFWP).
DSS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity (EOE), Affirmative Action (AA) employer that invites and encourages minorities (M), women (F), veterans (V), veterans preferred (V Preferred), LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual) and individuals with disabilities (H) to apply.
We are ADEA and ADA compliant.POSITION SUMMARY:
The Marketing Content Specialist works with the marketing and creative teams (Marketing Manager, Creative Design Manager, Marketing Specialist) to develop and create content for print, digital and social media that effectively describe and promote the organization and its products. Accurate and engaging content will be produced for all media vehicles and platforms based on DSS's messaging goals and brand standards that support both federal and commercial objectives.
Based on the messaging goals outlined by the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Content Specialist will work with the marketing team and product line managers to determine and build out an editorial calendar based on product schedules, to maximize the timing and effectiveness of released content. Industry and competitive research will be required to develop content that resonates, stands out in the marketplace and aligns with customer initiatives and industry information.
This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, knowledge, or abilities associated with this classification, but are intended to accurately reflect the principal job elements.
- Creating concise, eye-catching, and innovative headlines and body copy
- Researching and organizing an editorial calendar based on DSS products, VA initiatives, and existing events, holidays, etc.
- Interviewing SMEs to develop content to support new product launches, product enhancements, and national sales efforts
- Collects, produces, and edits website and print material to maintain and improve the quality of information provided.
- Building a following for DSS on social media for Federal, Behavioral Health, Public Health, and Acute Care markets
- Building a following for Sage on social media for Radiology Imaging market
- Researching markets and industries to compare and create content that is innovative and original
- Writing a wide variety of topics for multiple platforms
- Travel depending on conferences and continuing education workshops could be up wards of 10%.
- DSS product and industry knowledge to effectively market the company's message
- Identify potential problems or suggest improvements
- Maintain records, reports, or files
- Moderate travel may be required
The preceding functions are examples of the work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and make a reasonable accommodation as needed.
- Strong communication skills required - ability to interact and communicate effectively (both verbal and written) with C-level executives, management, staff, IT, and customers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office automation tools, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to collaborate, as well as take direction
- Edit Wordpress / SquareSpace websites
- Ability to manage projects and update project tracking software
- Knowledge and experience with Social Media including, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- BS or BA degree required preferably in English, Marketing, Writing, Education or any other applicable degree
Years of experience in a similar role:
- Minimum 5+ years of experien
OPEN DATE 11/6/2017
EXPERIENCE LEVEL 4-8 Years
EDUCATION LEVEL Bachelor's Degree
EXPIRE DATE 12/6/2017
DATE FIRST POSTED 11/6/2017 4:23:13 PM