Bring your passion, expertise, and experience to IBTS, where we appreciate and are committed to our employees. We offer outstanding benefits, growth opportunities and work hard to maintain a culture that values our employees.
The Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS) is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization that was established to provide unbiased professional building code compliance services, while enhancing the communities in which we work. At IBTS, our mission is to deliver quality services to meet the challenges of governance at all levels while enhancing public safety, economic development, and the general welfare of the community. Our services include Building and Community Development, Energy and Sustainability Services, Disaster Planning and Recovery, Quality Assurance, as well as Compliance and Risk Monitoring.
IBTS is headquartered in Ashburn, VA, with additional offices in Louisiana, Missouri, New York, Oklahoma, Texas and Washington, DC.
We are committed to building a community of experts with diverse backgrounds, disciplines, and perspectives who are passionate about our mission. IBTS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. S3 Residence, disability, and veterans encouraged to apply.
Explore the opportunities!
Implement and troubleshoot information systems and technology solutions in support of business needs in a Microsoft Environment. Audits and tool configurations. Document help desk troubleshooting procedures, operations manuals, and end user support. Supporting role to existing engineering and management staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists senior engineering staff with various systems and software related tasks and audits.
- Assists systems hardware and software installations, troubleshooting, and deployment.
- Weekly after hours systems patching (usually remote)
- Supports systems analysis activities.
- Participates in reviews with internal/external customers and implements corrective actions as required.
- Assists with Microsoft Exchange administration and system troubleshooting.
- Monitors system and software health.
- Configures and audits various applications.
- Works with senior technical staff in locating and finding solutions to test anomalies.
- Records test results and prepare test reports.
- Develops or assists with baseline performance testing and documentation.
- Gathers information to support systems analyses.
- May be required to travel to customer sites/branch offices out of state (minimal travel)
- Will be required to occasionally work evenings and weekend for systems maintenance and deployments.
- Tier 2 in a 4 Tier support infrastructure, supporting help desk technicians and software developers.
- Windows based File/share permissions administration.
- Basic network troubleshooting.
- Utilizes change management/trouble ticket processes to update and repair systems.
- Knowledge of backup retention and configuration concepts
- Vendor relations
- Equipment purchasing and inventory management
- Has a professional attitude
- Detail oriented.
- Study/Promoter of best practices
- Must be flexible with a positive attitude and good communication skills.
- Multitasks between different projects and delivers on commitments.
- Ability to produce quality technical work
- Good technical writing skills
- Understanding of tools and materials used in a contracting environment
- Follows directions and works well with others
- Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Works effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to rapidly evolving technologies
- Dell Server and Desktop Hardware platform
- MS Exchange
- MS Server 2008 and above
- Systems Monitoring tools
- MS SQL Server
- Windows File and Print
- MS Active Directory and Security.
- IIS 7/8 configuration and troubleshooting
- Hyper-V 2008-2012
- Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft Clustering
- SharePoint 2010/2013 administration
- CISCO VoIP technologies
- Windows command line/PowerShell usage (basic)
- Functional knowledge of Hyper-V
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems with three to five years of related expereince preferred
- A.S in related field with five to seven years of related experience accepted
- MCSE or MCP a plus.