MSA, The Safety Company
At MSA, safety isn't just in our name. It's the driving factor behind every decision we make because we know our customers rely on us every day to keep them safe. It's a noble mission and a challenge that every MSA associate accepts when they join our team. That's why we provide our associates with a competitive pay and benefits package, learning and development opportunities, and an inclusive and friendly work environment. Join the MSA and help make the world safer, one person at a time.Requisition ID
2017-1976# of Openings
14 hours agoCategory
Global Supply Chain
This position reports to the Supply Chain Manager. The primary responsibilities of this role are to purchase materials from internal and external sources and schedule production work cells to achieve targeted outbound fill rate, meet working capital goals, and minimize total costs.
- Purchase direct materials from suppliers by negotiating price, quantity and delivery to ensure a quality product is consistently delivered on-time and in-full to support world class delivery performance objectives. This includes expediting or deferring material with suppliers to meet unforeseen changes in demand. Goal is to maintain on-time and in-full delivery to the customer at or above targeted levels.
- Schedule manufacturing work centers using best practice supply chain management principles and techniques to achieve internal and outbound fill rate and inventory goals.
- Efficiently manage the overall movement of freight where costs and service are optimized.
- Partner with Demand Planning to generate accurate, SKU-level forecasts by executing collaborative planning forecasting and replenishment techniques and set system parameters and master data to drive on-time and in-full delivery while optimizing inventory.
- Represent the factory on NPD teams as it relates to master data set-up and the purchase of direct materials in support of new product introductions.
- Fully utilize the MSA Operating System to correctly identify root causes of problems and drive corrective action plans.
- Develop strategies and use knowledge based management principles to drive consolidation of spend by commodity and supplier to continuously improve cost, quality and delivery.
- Regularly analyze on-time delivery performance, inventory accuracy, inventory efficiency, and total costs ensure the supply chain is optimized.
- Work in close collaboration with Global Sourcing to negotiate and establish contracts with suppliers that are in alignment with Corporate terms and conditions.
- Special projects as required.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Persuasive and strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Proven analytical training and associated skills including working with relational databases.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Access, Powerpoint and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to take the lead to drive change and process improvement.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Prior, first-hand experience with SAP to purchase direct/indirect materials, plan and schedule production.
- Expert level skills with Excel.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Logistics or related field.
- This position is available at two different career levels based upon experience, education, etc.:
o Level one: less than 2 years of planning, transportation, logistics and/or purchasing experience
o Level two: 4 years of planning, transportation, logistics and/or purchasing experience
o Level three: 6 years of planning, transportation, logistics and/or purchasing experiencePreferred:
- APICS or CSM certification
MSA is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to providing a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. As such, it is MSA's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of the person's age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, race, religion, gender, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, veteran's status, genetic information, political affiliation, disabling condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. MSA also makes reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to perform a job unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship. If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation to assist you in navigating this career site, let us know. Contact Us