US-CA-San Mateo# of Openings
IDC is the most respected global technology market research firm operating in over 110 countries worldwide. Our collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture is the perfect place for you to discover your future.
We are seeking a Senior Research Analyst to develop and run two of IDC's most advanced market models: the Digital Advertising Market Model (DAMM) and the New Media Market Model (NMMM). Advanced modeling skills using Microsoft Excel, familiarity with primary and secondary research methodologies and in-depth knowledge of the advertising industry, the media industry as well as the consumer Internet space are required.
The Digital Advertising Market Model
tracks and forecasts advertising spending by 40+ countries, by industry vertical, by medium, and in digital, by ad format and various other breakdowns. The New Media Market Model
is IDC's one-stop source for the most important demographic, technological, and commercial consumer Internet metrics for all regions and more than 40 countries. It offers a detailed view of Internet demographics, access devices and broadband households, online activities, ecommerce, digital advertising, and consumer spending on online media. Both market models are used by major media, ecommerce, telecommunications and IT companies, and by financial institutions.Responsibilities
The Senior Research Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Producing and publishing quarterly updates to the DAMM and NMMM, and developing the products to stay in synch with client demands and market trends
- Conducting primary research; fielding and analyzing worldwide digital consumer surveys, interviewing industry executives
- Conducting secondary research by analyzing publicly available sources
- Client support
- Business development, sales support, marketing and PR
This position requires a self-motivated individual, who can work well independently and with a team and possesses the following qualifications:
- Advanced skills at modeling, forecasting and statistics
- Bachelor's Degree and 3-5 years experience in Market Research
- Advanced skills using Excel for modeling and forecasting and creating pivot table deliverables. Skills writing macros or code are a plus.
- Proficiency with the SPSS statistics package is a plus.
- Database design skills are a plus.
- Primary and secondary research skills
- An understanding of the advertising industry, the media industry, and the consumer Internet
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Multi-year experience as industry or financial analyst
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.