Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions
for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics
, commercial aerospace
, and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable our customers' technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world's only integrated "mine-to-mill" supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
In 2016, we generated approx. $1B in revenue. As a team of 2,500 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In early 2017, Materion closed on an exciting new acquisition that expands our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia. For more information, please visit our website at http://materion.com/About and check out our video "Materion Is" along with other videos of our employees sharing what it means for them to work at Materion. JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Under the direction of the Area Supervisor, the Machinist sets up and operates manufacturing equipment associated with material fabrication. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES ... include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs tasks of substantial variety or complexity which require knowledge of fabrication / processing techniques, tools, materials, machines, and equipment relative to area of specialization.
- Operates surface, bench and belt grinders, Manual/ CNC lathes and milling machines. Able to use precision measuring equipment such as vernier calipers, micrometers, dial indicators and profilometers.
- Works from engineering drawings, rough sketches, manuals or verbal instructions.
- Constructs components and parts to extremely close tolerances.
- Must be proficient using micrometers, calipers and measuring instruments.
- Record and complete all paperwork as required.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and work area.
Requires high school diploma or equivalent plus two years related experience in a shop environment or trade school.