Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Director, Human Resources
position. The Director, Human Resources serves as a human resources professional responsible for multiple human resources areas, including HRIS and recruitment and selection for faculty and staff. This position assists the Associate Vice President for Human Resources with employee relations, compensation/classification and performance management and provides input into development and administration of human resources policies, procedures, and programs. The Director, Human Resources advises internal customers, staff and supervisors on human resources issues and interprets and counsels supervisors and employees on policies and procedures to ensure their fair and consistent application. The Director provides oversight and supervision to direct reports.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Bachelor's degree required; Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Six (6) years of related experience in human resources required.
• A minimum of two (2) years of management experience within a related human resources function required.
• Ability to lead and direct teams and projects required.
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of principles, practices and standards related to talent acquisition, talent management and HRIS functions required.
• Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations in assigned area required.
• Ability to collaborate well with others and work effectively on cross-functional teams required.
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality required.
• Computer proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.Preferred Qualifications
• Master's degree in Human Resources, organizational development, business or related field preferred.
• Previous HR experience in a unionized, higher education environment preferred.
• Computer proficiency in an enterprise-wide system such as Banner preferred.