When you join the family of Associates at FSA, you are joining a team which puts the emphasis on you – the employee – our most valuable resource. FSA is a great company to work for with full benefits and a supportive atmosphere that rewards initiative and integrity. That's why our Associates love it here!
The Dispatch Coordinator will assists Night Supervisors with dispatching of routes, duties, and tasks assigned. Strong delivery knowledge a must, understanding of DOT regulations, pre-trip and post-trip procedures, strong administration, and organizational skills. Must maintain a Class A CDL for job requirements and deliveries if needed as in backup emergencies.
- Performs safety checks at customer locations, driver pre and post trips, safe unloading and loading, and safety checks on equipment
- Assists drivers with obtaining all appropriate equipment such as Scanners, Printers, E-Logs, On-board computers, and Pallet Jacks
- Trouble shoots issues with on board computers
- Checks on Loading/Unloading and Reloading trailers, coordinates between dispatch and the warehouse, and reports status
- Verifying pallet jacks go to the appropriate driver
- Assists with Yard Hosteling communication
- Performs Yard/ Refer Checks
- Assists with Route knowledge for Drivers by providing assistance with directions and special unloading instructions
- Keeps the driver room organized, updated information, communication in driver mail boxes, and maintains supplies need for dispatch.
- Assists Supervisors with route issues and forgoing possible problems and solutions
- Dispatch drivers and maintain proper equipment is used for deliveries
- Accounts for outgoing keys, scanners, and printers for route bags accurately and equipment is fully charged for use
- Rides along with drivers, provides training, and observations on delivery issues at customer locations
- Conducts customer site visits during on-boarding new accounts
- Route bags are situated properly by dispatch time and ready for drivers with all documents and required equipment
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Clean driving record with a Class A CDL license. Doubles Endorsement and two years verifiable driving experience preferred. Minimum of two years ramp food experience preferred.
- The ability to lift 100 lbs. several times a day.
- Familiar with surrounding area and be able to read a map/guide.
- Excellent driving skills and knowledge of traffic laws.
- Requires knowledge of vehicle maintenance and operation.
- Must be hard working and self-motivated.
- Must pass all pre-employment screenings
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.