We are currently looking for a Warehouse Order Selector to join our expanding team. As a fast-growing foodservice distributor, Food Services of America treats our customers as the boss and our Associates as our most important resource. Our growth provides Associates opportunities to drive their career. Apply Now and Join Our Team!
This is a union position with company paid medical/dental/vision premiums and pension contributions.
On a daily basis, this individual will be responsible for working in a professional team environment and performing various duties that will include:
- Accurately, safely and efficiently select merchandise from shelves and other storage areas using electric pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Demonstrates general knowledge of packaging and product -- including ability to identify and build pallets with dry, chill and frozen items.
- Applies labels accurately with right placement and right product to ensure outbound product is properly stacked, sequenced and securely wrapped.
- Demonstrates ability to operate voice selection system, WMS/ERP and related hardware devices in accordance with specific job functions.
- Practices proper body mechanics and Accident Prevention Program (APP) protocols
- Demonstrates knowledge and abides by federal and state regulations as it pertains to HAZMAT, OSHA and food safety requirements.
- Operate all working equipment safely and efficiently.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous distribution center or food service experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English as it relates to the job and safety regulations is required.
- Ability to support a team environment by meeting attendance expectations with consistency and punctuality is required.
- Ability to meet productivity standards in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Ability to pass a background check, pre-employment hair drug screen and physical abilities test is required.
- Frequently stand/walk during selection activities during shift.
- Frequently bend and twist retrieving items from floor or lower shelf areas.
- Frequently lift using both hands/arms reaching, grasping and carrying, weights up to 30 lbs., occasionally up to 50 lbs., rarely up to 100 lbs.
- Visual and hearing abilities required as it relates to the job and safety regulations.
- Frequently climbing on and off pallet jacks and/or forklifts, while safely operating a pallet jack and/or forklift requires stepping on and off 10” platform.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.