Integrated DNA TechnologiesID
Manufacturing Operations# of Openings
12 hours agoShift/Schedule
MTWThF 12:00P-9:00P (United States of America)Overview
The Manufacturing Chemist efficiently produces high quality materials for use in IDT's production labs. ResponsibilitiesEssential Functions:
Department/Group Specific Essential Functions:
- Monitors inventory of the group effectively; utilizing the ERP system.
- Follows the current processes for manufacturing, storage and transportation methods.
- Adheres to current RCRA and hazardous material DOT regulations and follows hazardous material spill response protocols.
- Gathers, interprets and analyzes oligo data.
- Ensures materials are prepared in a timely fashion.
- Changes and dispenses materials for production, as necessary.
- Participates in customer and regulatory audits, as necessary.
- Maintains accurate and detailed product, process, instrument and training records.
- Adheres to all departmental protocols, rules, contamination controls, and safety procedures and understands the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and ISO 14001.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Gathers, interprets and analyzes scale readouts and buffer scripts.
- Manufactures bottles of buffer and water for in-house and customer applications.
- Manufactures agar plates necessary for the gene group
- Participates in the Hazardous Material Spill Response Team.
Other Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a science related field or an Associate's degree with at least 2 years of IDT experience required.
- Ability to operate job related equipment including the use of basic computer programs and systems to effectively carry out the duties of the position
- Knowledge of basic Chemistry
- Knowledge of safe chemical handling procedures and protocols
- Skill to gather, analyze and interpret data
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks efficiently and consistently
- Adaptability to performing under stress when confronted with emergent, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Adaptability to perform repetitive work or to perform continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence or pace.
Exert 50-100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or 25-50 lbs. of force frequently
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.