Associate Software Engineer
Harvard University Information Technology
Duties & Responsibilities
Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is a community of Information Technology professionals committed to understanding our users and devoted to making it easier for faculty, students, and staff to teach, research, learn, and work through the effective use of information technology. We are recruiting an IT workforce that has both breadth in their ability to collaborate and innovate across disciplines - and depth in specific areas of expertise. HUIT offers opportunities for IT professionals to learn and work in a unique technology landscape and service-focused environment. If you are a technically proficient, nimble, user-focused and accountable IT professional who also connects with the importance of collaborating well in a team environment we are looking for you!
The Identity & Access Management (IAM) Associate Software Engineer, as part of a dynamic team, contributes to the analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of all layers of IAM applications.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate as part of a dynamic team in all phases of development for existing and new services.
• Troubleshoot and proactively resolve software issues.
• Ensure compliance with University standards for security, privacy, and accessibility.
• Collaborate with other members of the team, including the software architect, project managers, business analysts, QA analysts, developers, systems and database experts.
• Works with others across Harvard to ensure successful integration with existing systems and services.
Other activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Contribute to documenting software development standards, and assist with escalated incidents in the production environment, potentially outside of business hours.
To be considered for this role, candidates must have the following experience and skills:
• College degree in computer science and technology or equivalent IT work experience
• 1+ years' Java/J2EE development experience across the full software lifecycle (requirements, analysis, design, construction and testing).
• Current technical experience to include: J2EE technologies (3+ years): JSP, Servlets, JDBC, JMS, J2EE frameworks (JSF, Struts, Spring), Python, XML (Schema development) and web services (SOAP, JAX-RPC). Experience with core J2EE design patterns. RDBMS (Oracle preferred): strong SQL and Data modeling.
• Experience developing software in a UNIX/Linux environment.
The ideal candidate will have these highly desirable skills:
• Demonstrated experience working in project development and implementations
• Excellent communication skills and technical writing ability
• Experience with Agile development practices
• Familiarity with the DevOps methodologies, including continuous delivery tools like GIT, Jenkins, JIRA
• Understanding of LDAP / Active Directory.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud deployment tools and technologies, Identity and Access Management provisioning tools, automated testing tools (e.g. Selenium, LoadRunner, jUnit, Spock), Hibernate.
USA - MA - Cambridge
Identity and Access Management
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.