Peterson Holding Co.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with theon-line application process, please email us at email@example.com.Peterson is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawfuldiscrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation,gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability,marital and veteran status. For more information about equal employmentopportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster.Requisition #
Overview Customer First | Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Fun!
At Peterson our Vision is to be our customers' first choice
. We put our customers first and continually strengthen our partnerships through our employee's hard work, ingenuity and determination. Our 80 year history is a reflection of our collective efforts and focus.
We have high expectations and so do you. You are exceptionally motivated, have outstanding skills, and are looking for more than just a job.
We offer competitive wages, generous benefits, and promotional opportunities at a family owned and operated business that really cares about employees. If you want to work side-by-side with others who are passionate about customer service, consider joining our team. You can help us write more chapters in our success story as we move towards celebrating our 100 year anniversary.
Peterson has an immediate need for an experienced Used Equipment Representative at our Portland, OR location
. The person in the position is responsible for buying and selling Used Equipment in the assigned territory, as well as for maintaining and improving relationships with existing and potential customers. The Used Equipment Representative will also act as a support person to Peterson's sales team that operates within Peterson's territory.
- Responsible for the out-of-territory sale of used equipment (includes rental rollouts), specifically aged or specs challenged equipment identified by the used equipment manager.
- Develop and maintain relationships with out-of-territory retail/wholesale customers in order to effectively buy/sell used equipment. Maintaining customer profiles and potential customer information in our Customer Relationship Management system CRM.
- Support the sale of used equipment to in territory customers by being a resource of information about pricing, condition, location, specifications, etc. of machines in all of Peterson's used and rental inventories across the company.
- Provide support to Peterson sales team by showing the customer equipment in the yard, taking incoming phones calls related to used equipment, assisting with the sales process, and then provide customer information to appropriate sales person.
- Assist with appraisals and negotiate purchases of used equipment by gathering accurate data.
- Maintain pricing and current inventory offerings in Catused.com, Petersonused.com and other various external publications (i.e. Machinery Trader) along with responding to leads and phone calls generated by our Used Equipment Marketing.
High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED), college degree in business/marketing is highly desirable; and at least 5 years' experience in equipment sales or related industry; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.