University of Iowa Community Credit UnionPosition Summary:
UICCU, a progressive, growing company, is now taking applications for a Member Service Representative. This position is responsible for acquiring, expanding, and enriching member relationships, while providing service in an exceptional manner. In this role you will cross-sell and provide credit union products and services to new and existing members, with referrals to appropriate departments when necessary. The successful candidate will be an independent, outgoing individual who will constantly strive to be number one.
Pay range for this hourly position is $14.07 - $21.10 with a monthly incentive opportunity and a progressive benefits package.
RetailEqual Opportunity Employment Statement:
The UICCU is an EEO/AA Employer. M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for openings with the credit union.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to change:
Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times, using their name, and thanking them for their business.
The MUST philosophy:
- Make eye contact;
- Use their name or acknowledge their presence;
- Thank them for their business.
- Adheres to the credit union's core values in serving with truth, trust, mentoring, openness, risk-taking, communication, giving credit, integrity, caring and respect in carrying out the UICCU's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures confidentiality of member account records and account information. Request identification whenever necessary and provide account information to only those members listed as primary or joint owners.
- Provides personalized, professional service to all members in an exceptional manner, seeking out opportunities to exceed member expectations.
- Must be capable of performing any and all aspects of the FSR position as detailed in the FSR Job Description. This includes the ability to accurately balance a cash drawer on a daily basis and a firm understanding of all credit union policies and procedures for cash handling, check handling, and identification.
- Consistently educates members about their financial choices, by asking about and understanding their needs, and responding by recommending appropriate financial products and services. Provides consistent follow through.
- Services and promotes all credit union deposit products and services.
- Keeps abreast of all credit union deposit product and procedure changes.
- Provides deposit account services to members.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of all federal regulations and procedures concerning deposit regulations.
- Will be responsible for successful outbound sales calling to existing and potential members. Answers incoming phone calls and assists members with their requests.
- Performs any other duties as may be required to meet credit union objectives.
- Performs vault duties including cash ordering, balancing, drawer audits, scheduling, and other duties as assigned.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored events on an annual basis.
- Must have at least one year of similar or related experience or six months in an FSR role with knowledge of all credit union accounts and products with proven ability to handle a wide variety of functions quickly and accurately.
- High energy and sales ability and interpersonal skills to represent the credit union in a positive and professional manner during member contact.
- Accuracy in the handling of cash and recording daily transactions Exceptional member service skills including above average listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and organize work efficiently and handle large volumes of details.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Thorough knowledge of deposit products and regulations.
- Proficiency with related computer applications, spreadsheets, word processing, and database applications.
- Ability to use and understand written material.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Member account problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and exercise sound judgment.
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and works overtime as necessitated by business demand
- High school diploma or the equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Must be bondable.
Reports to Branch Managers as assigned. Supervisory Responsibilities:
This position is not responsible for the supervision of other employees.