As a valued member of our team, the successful applicant will originate loans for quality supportive housing developments and provide assistance to government partners in shaping financing and development policies and programs to create stronger systems that support and expedite the production of supportive housing.
The qualities we are looking for include an adaptive, entrepreneurial problem solving approach. Candidates should be driven by strategic thinking executed with creativity and flexibility. It is important to welcome and pursue new ideas and visions for supportive housing and the role it plays in solving complex problems.
• Bachelor degree required. Experience may substitute for education.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in low income or supportive housing development, underwriting or funding field.
• Extensive knowledge of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program and familiarity with state and other federally funded affordable housing programs.
• Familiarity with the entitlement process, zoning and planning and challenges for low- income or supportive housing developers.
• Familiarity or interest in issues related to supportive housing including homelessness, low income housing development, finance, state and local housing finance policies, service needs, community development and planning, mental illness, AIDS, harm reduction or public housing.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, facilitation, communication and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated skills using Microsoft Office Suites. Experience with loan servicing or CRM programs a plus.
• Demonstrated success building quality teams, trusted relationships and setting and managing performance and mentoring and coaching development partners in the areas of real estate development and housing finance issues.
CSH staff are mission driven, we take initiative, pursue goals with minimal supervision and are adept at managing multiple assignments effectively.