RJM Construction is a fast growing, high energy, commercial general contracting company headquartered in Golden Valley, Minnesota. In 2015, RJM was listed as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For by Minnesota Business Magazine. We invest in our people and attract, develop and retain talented professionals in roles where they can make an impact, as well as grow personally and professionally.
As a healthcare project manager, you will plan the flow of work for construction projects, including estimating time, supplies and personnel required to complete the project. Recommend courses of action based on customer needs and requirements. Frequently required to reassess the project scope based on new information, analysis, etc. Ensure that the project is being carried out according to established plan.
Manage all process in the construction of projects including estimating, contractor buyout, contracting, budget allocation, cost management, scheduling, material procurement, conflict resolution, project deadlines, coordination with project superintendents, coordination with outside consultants and foremost client satisfaction.
- Project Estimating - assist in preliminary estimating and final bidding for project bids/budgets.
- Project Start Up- including project buyout, issuing subcontracts and purchase orders, budget allocation, permit procurement, conducting internal preconstruction meeting, and jobsite mobilization..
- Cost Management-change orders, budget management, contingency management, review and approve subcontractor and vendor invoices, and final project reconciliation. Maintain accurate records of subcontractor commitments throughout project.
- Material Procurement – manage the submittal review and approval process. Ensure correct materials are ordered and delivered in a timely manner to facilitate the construction schedule.
- Project scheduling – issue overall project schedules and periodic short term duration schedules. Review schedule progress and adjust work as necessary to ensure deadlines are met.
- Client Satisfaction – Ensure a rewarding experience for all team members. Facilitate a collaborative process for all involved.
- Business Development – Participate in company marketing effort and project interviews.
- Project Closeout – complete timely project closeout including completion of punchlists, submission of closeout documents, receipt of final project payment from Owner and distribution to subcontactors.
RJM offers a competitive salary and a full benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, health savings account, 401k, life/AD&D insurance, educational assistance, employee assistance program, flexible spending accounts, long-term disability insurance, short-term disability insurance, and more.
RJM Construction is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
- BS Degree in Construction Management or related field
- 3-5 years of project management and/or construction management experience in healthcare remodeling and/or new building construction.
- Working knowledge of building codes and ADA laws.
Demonstrated Technical Competencies to include:
- Microsoft – Excel, Word, and Outlook, Project
- Timberline- Estimating, Job Cost & Project Management
- Viewpoint Software
Demonstrated Professional Competencies to include:
- Ability to work on a number of projects at the same time.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with construction estimating, both conceptual and unit quantification.
- Negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Able to maintain accurate and detailed records