Applied Minds, LLCJob Location
Founded in 2000, Applied Minds draws on the talents of nearly 150 employees and a network of subject matter experts to innovate by melding art, design, science, and engineering. We help organizations ask the right questions and then provide unexpected, yet powerful solutions. With a passion for inventing the future for our clients, we bring together brilliant and creative people from numerous disciplines into multidisciplinary teams to work on projects such as autonomous systems, command centers, modeling and simulation systems, robotics, spacecraft, UAVs, user experiences, vehicles, and more.
Equipped with outstanding tools and technology, collaborative spaces, an art department, and advanced fabrication and prototyping facilities, we work in an informal, creative environment that blurs the lines between disciplines.
If you have exceptional talent and passion, join Applied Minds and help us create for the ages.
The Creative Programmer is responsible for developing state-of-the art 3D Graphics based software for a wide range of applications, using a variety of technologies. They will work closely with UI/UX designers, graphic designers, scientists and subject matter experts. Responsibilities:
- Build software products based on original IP and prototypes
- Create game-like user interfaces for a wide variety of applications
- Develop efficient, well-performing, object oriented code that is robust and maintainable
- Work with next-gen technology including virtual reality, head mounted displays, stereo vision, LIDAR, etc.
- Develop algorithms across a broad spectrum of disciplines, including computer vision, geospatial information, robotics, image processing, human-machine interfaces and machine learning
- All other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of game development/programming experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of C++, OpenGL, and Python
- Experience with one or more major game engines (Unity, Unreal, Havoc, etc).
- Strong mathematics knowledge and ability to apply to 3D graphics software development
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development and debugging in a Windows environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment in a highly creative development team working on multiple development projects with quick turnaround times
- User interface and design experience
- Knowledge of web frameworks and API's
- Cross-platform / Embedded / mobile device development experience
- Shader development experience
- Software development experience for mobile gaming (Android)
- Microcontroller/Arduino programming experience
Applied Minds is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and as such make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.