Applied Minds, LLCJob Location
Applied Minds is a small company that invents, designs, and prototypes breakthrough products and services for both industry and government. We are an interdisciplinary group of artists, scientists and engineers, with skills in architecture, electronics, mechanics, physics, mathematics, software development, system engineering, and storytelling. Our projects range from toys to cancer treatments, from buildings to algorithms, and from off-road vehicles to high-resolution displays. Our team of world-class innovators enjoys building the next industry-changing technology ideas from concept to prototype.
We are always looking for talented people with technical and/or creative design skills. If you are very good at what you do and like the idea of working in an interdisciplinary environment with other people who are as good or even better than you are, please upload your profile.
The UI/Graphic Designer will work directly with the Sr. Designer and will design for all ASI software, as well as marketing materials including company website, presentation graphics, and print needs. Responsibilities:
- Work with members of the creative team to refine and expand upon design
- Produce graphics and innovative designs for software applications, and web based apps
- Imagine, storyboard, prototype, and implement software designs that simplify user experience and increase user effectiveness
- All other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of experience in UX/Web/Graphic Design
- Portfolio illustrating, engaging and inspiring design work for devices
- Must have a strong visual design sense
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions
- Capable of changing course if needed to get things done within short timeframes to meet aggressive deadlines
- Strong understanding of and experience with Adobe software
- Strong understanding of and experience with HTML and CSS
- Mastery of the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Adobe Dreamweaver)
- Self-motivated and capable of working collaboratively across multiple teams
- Proficiency in HTML5/CSS and other motion graphics is a plus
Applied Minds is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and as such make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.