Samtec, Inc.Signal Integrity Consultant
Engineering | Santa Clara, California | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Columbia, South Carolina | Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania | New Albany, Indiana | Wilsonville, Oregon
Samtec Teraspeed Consulting facilitates Samtec's vision of advanced interconnect solutions for silicon-to-silicon connectivity.
As a member of Teraspeed Consulting Group you will work as a trusted consultant with customers to solve their silicon-to-silicon interconnect challenges. This will include simulation, design, and validation of IC packages, modules, Printed Circuit Boards (PCB), cables and complete system interconnect, through physical structures (bumps, vias, interposers, connectors, traces, and cable assemblies). Teraspeed Consulting engineers will model the products of Samtec and other manufacturers, as well as the physical properties of the materials used in package and PCB design. As an engineer in this group, you will be responsible for full-wave modeling and end-to-end frequency domain and time domain simulation of everything necessary to validate a design.
Samtec Teraspeed Consulting's current projects include IEEE 100G/200G, DDR4, PCIe Gen 4 system and package designs, as well as additional research into interconnect at 100+ Gbps.RESPONSIBILITIES:
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Full-wave modeling of planar (IC package, PCB) and 3-Dimensional (via, interposer, and connector) structures using Ansys SiWave and HFSS.
- Frequency and time domain signal integrity simulations of customer designs
- Frequency and time domain power integrity simulations of customer designs.
- Optimization and generation of design guidelines for IC package and PCB routing including:
- IC and Package stackup
- Material selection
- Trace design requirements
- 3D structural optimization
- Package, via, and connector high bandwidth launch optimization.
- Implementation documentation for customer or internal Samtec designers.
- Generate and deliver simulation and analysis reports to customers.
- Work with Samtec development engineering to develop new interconnect solutions.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Physics, with coursework in electromagnetics, or proven industry experience. MS degree a plus
- 3+ years' experience working in Signal Integrity and/or Power Integrity
- Specific experience with DDR3, DDR4, PCIe Gen3, PCIe Gen4, IEEE 100G a plus
- Specific experience in design/analysis of channels operating at >50G a plus
- Measurement equipment experience a plus
- Solid working experience with Ansys Software including HFSS, SiWave, Designer/Nexxim
- Experience with Mentor Graphics Hyperlinx a plus
- Experience with CST, IEEE COM, and Matlab a plus
- Python Scripting or other programming skills is a plus
- Strong technical and verbal communication skills required
- Power integrity design and simulations a plus.
- Experience working with an interdisciplinary team located across the country is a plus.
Samtec office in the US.
Preferred locations are: Santa Clara CA., Wilsonville OR., Columbia SC., Mechanicsburg PA, New Albany IN.SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.