B. Braun Medical Inc.Requisition ID
B. Braun Medical Inc# of Openings
8 am to 5 pmSite
Corporate/Sales/ B. Braun of Canada/ BIS/ CeGatOverview:
With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.Responsibilities: Position Summary:
The Communications Strategist at B. Braun Medical Inc. plays an integral role in the Marketing and Corporate Communications Department of a leading medical device company by finding creative solutions to communication challenges. As a member of a small communications strategy and content development team, this person collaborates with in-house and external creative services to create and coordinate the production of compelling marketing collateral, and ensure high-quality, accurate, and consistent messaging. This experienced professional is responsible for working with product marketing and sales teams, strategy groups and corporate departments to develop and implement targeted communication strategies that advance B. Braun's business objectives and enhance the company's reputation.Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Responsibilities: Other Duties
- Collaborates with product marketing teams to develop communication plans and creative briefs, and creates high-quality, effective marketing materials for promotional campaigns, product launches, special projects, trade shows and sales support.
- Plans, writes, and coordinates production of communication plan deliverables for assigned product and service partners: brochures, web pages, trade show displays, fact sheets, advertising, videos, talking points/remarks, presentations, customer newsletters, direct mail solicitations, social media posts, etc.
- Understands traditional and digital media platforms to build integrated promotional campaigns that deliver relevant information to targeted audiences through compelling messaging and storytelling.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with marketing, sales and service partners, as well as creative services team members and external vendors, to implement communication plans.
- Produces media and public relations materials for assigned product and service partners.
- Helps company employees become ambassadors of B. Braun by supporting the development of content needed for employee communication initiatives.
- Uses market research and analytics to identify and capitalize on communications opportunities and guide message development.
- Uses measurements/assessments to evaluate effectiveness of marketing collateral and communication materials, and applies insight to future initiatives.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Follows the development and completion of materials through project management.
- Organizes and effectively leads and facilitates meetings.
- Provides input on process improvements in order to improve work flow.
Qualifications: Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/EtcRequired:
- Strategic thinker.
- Strong writer - fast, accurate, creative.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities. Highly organized with good process/project management and time management skills.
- Process oriented and deadline driven.
- Ability to prioritize projects and anticipate communications opportunities.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills. Ability to persuade, and diplomatically disagree when necessary.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
- Minimum 5 years experience in communications, marketing or related field.
- Working knowledge of current healthcare environment.
- Experience in medical device, pharmaceutical or healthcare industry.
- Experience communicating B2B.
- Comfortable communicating in highly regulated environments.
- Experience collaborating with graphic designers, digital specialists and agencies.
- A sense of humor and willingness to approach challenges and opportunities head on.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.Other: Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.