Reporting directly to the Vice President of Finance & Administration, the Senior System Administrator’s primary focus is the definition, administration, and support of the organization’s IT systems. He/she provides technical support to the organization, managing backups, deploying new systems, and leading IT-related special projects. General responsibilities include support for internal networks, systems, general applications, connectivity, data platforms and computer operations on a high-availability basis. The Senior Systems Administrator is a highly visible role, expected to provide exceptional end-user support across the organization, and proactively manage areas of responsibility.
This position plays an important role in supporting an inclusive organizational culture that is grounded in trust and accountability to shared goals and outcomes. TWS has made diversity, equity, and inclusion strategic priorities for the organization and the Senior System Administrator will integrate these priorities throughout his/her work and daily interactions with staff. Across our team, we aspire to be campaign oriented, nimble, collaborative, innovative, transparent, and supportive of staff – our greatest asset.
** This position is located in our Washington, DC Office. Relocation assistance is not available**
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
o Provides ongoing workstation support and maintenance for organization-wide hardware and software applications;
o Provides basic server support and maintenance;
o Responsible for the regular development of project work, estimates, proposals, and plans, and executing on such work in support of TWS staff;
o Installs, configures, and provides ongoing support for network printers;
o Oversees installation operations, including firewall, authentication, proxy and security protocols, legacy system integration, and load balancing;
o Upgrades and configures software as needed;
o Provides IT support for organizational meetings and calls;
o Troubleshoots network issues as needed.
o Tracks equipment issued to new staff;
o Recovers equipment from exiting staff;
o Monitors equipment performance and determines the need for repair or replacement.
Experience, Competencies, and Education
• Associate’s Degree or higher in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field is preferred. Relevant certifications and 8-10 years’ related experience may be substitute a degree.
• Minimum 7 years’ relevant experience, providing high-touch desktop support in mid-sized organizations.
• Minimum 7 years’ Windows OS administration experience.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with Ethernet and TCP/IP.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in Microsoft Azure cloud support, building, testing, deploying and managing applications in support of a 100% cloud based infrastructure.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in Wide Area Network (WAN) design and management.
• Track record working successfully in teams representing a rich mix of talent, backgrounds, and perspectives—across race and gender.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate highly technical information to a non-technical user-base.
• Proven ability to work successfully as an independent contributor as well as part of a team.
• Must be detail oriented, analytically minded, and have an approachable, service-oriented demeanor. Strong customer service skills are a must.
• Self-starter with a passion for technology and a desire for continual learning and development.
• Ability to work independently on specific development tasks, with emphasis towards completion ahead of schedule.
• Ability to work in a distributed, autonomous, self-motivating team environment to provide acceleration to the development schedule, technology, and growth of the company.
• Flexibility, willingness, and determination to thrive in an environment within an established, industry-recognized organization serving the non-profit sector.