2017-1693# of Openings
6/6/2017Area of Interest
Elderwood at AmherstPosition Type
Physical therapy staff members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of residents by providing comprehensive and quality therapy services. State specific Physical Therapy license is required.Responsibilities
- Initiates skilled physical therapy treatments in accordance with physician's orders; maintains required contact with physician.
- Maintains written evaluations, progress notes and discharge summaries for residents in physical therapy program.
- Confers with other health care staff regarding special needs of residents to enhance rehabilitation or maintenance of function.
- Provides input for the Resident Care Planning meetings and attends during absences of the Director Physical Therapy.
- Maintains statistical records of residents' treatments.
- Assists with in-service training programs upon request.
- Records and updates resident's plan of care in the Inter-disciplinary Kardex.
- Submits requisition for supplies needed in the treatment of residents to Director Physical Therapy.
- Assumes all duties of the Director Physical Therapy during absences including supervision of Physical Therapy Aides and responsibility for all necessary documentation.
- Graduation from an approved school of physical therapy required.
- State license to practice physical therapy required.
- Two years' experience in physical therapy preferred.
- Interest in physical therapy treatment programs for the geriatric and subacute populations necessary.
- Ability to direct others necessary.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.