The Monitoring & Evaluation Associate plays a critical role on the Learning and Evaluation team in empowering program leaders and evaluators to access learning from reporting of affiliate programs and initiatives. The Monitoring & Evaluation Associate will be an integral member of the Learning & Evaluation team helping to increase learning and connections across our many movement communities maintaining adequate and proactive monitoring of their activities and development. In this way, the Monitoring & Evaluation Associate helps to support community development and learning infrastructures as well as the Affiliations Committee in their oversight role.
Managing the team’s monitoring and evaluation data for our global community of affiliates and program leaders, the Monitoring & Evaluation Associate will be responsible for, monitoring, analysis, and sharing learning from affiliate reporting, including maintaining processes for outreach to affiliate and developing leaders for follow-up and reporting, maintaining centralized data on our communities, and broadly evaluating affiliate development and community engagement.
The Learning & Evaluation team also plays a critical role supporting the Affiliations Committee and the development of Wikimedia affiliates, a global network of independent organizations that implement activities and act as representatives, of the Wikimedia brand around the world. Their official status is overseen by the Affiliations Committee. The Monitoring & Evaluation Associate will be an integral member of the Learning & Evaluation team helping to increase learning connections across our many movement communities.
We’d like you to do these things:
- Monitor and assist community leaders to report their affiliate activities using standard reporting structures and best practices.
- Maintain data entry and reporting processes to support adequate tracking and reminder systems for affiliates and their reporting
- Track and follow-up for engagements for learning initiatives such as surveys, events, and/or consultations.
- Analyze reports and write quarterly and annual summaries of learning from affiliate reporting and regularly highlighting stories to the team about innovative and impactful projects and programs
- Conduct follow-up evaluations for the team’s learning events and initiatives
- Work with the Communications and Outreach Project Manager and the Affiliations Committee staff liaisons to design and implement a shared evaluation and communications strategy for affiliate learning
- Research and analyze community reports and highlighting stories to the team on innovative and impactful projects and programs
- Other duties as needed
We’d like you to have these skills:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with 4 years of experience in evaluation data management and data analysis OR a Master’s degree in evaluation, applied social science or research or equivalent and a minimum of 1 year experience
- Ability to motivate people and to ensure that participants stick to deadlines and results as agreed upon
- Strong belief in the value of evaluation who can powerfully embody and communicate the vision of driving impact through evaluation
- Technical writing, and presentation skills for serving a broad audience of readers.
- Strong cross-cultural sensitivity and ability to interact respectfully with people from different parts of the world; ability to take the specific local context into account.
- Strong ability to track and synthesize data from multiple sources across different contexts
And it would be even more awesome if you have this:
- CRM experience - Salesforce preferred
- Strong track record of positive and friendly communication with members of the global Wikimedia community
- Proven ability to adhere to deadlines and to complete projects independently, even under pressure.
- Experience in database creation/querying/SQL
- Mediawiki markup & design skills
About the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is the non-profit organization that supports and hosts Wikipedia and several other Wikimedia free knowledge sites. Every month, the Wikimedia sites are accessed by more than a billion unique devices. Wikipedia consists of more than 40 million articles across hundreds of languages. Every month, more than 70,000 volunteer editors contribute to Wikipedia. Based in San Francisco, California, the Wikimedia Foundation is an audited, 501(c)(3) non-profit that is funded primarily through donations and grants. It currently employs over 240 staff members.
At the Foundation, we build technology to help people everywhere access Wikipedia, across devices and in nearly 300 languages. We engineer privacy for our readers and editors so they can safely and securely explore Wikipedia. We create programs and initiatives to make Wikipedia freely available to more people in more parts of the world. We build new tools for the community of editors so they can continue to improve and grow Wikipedia. Roughly a quarter of our budget goes to supporting the community that make the site possible, including through grantmaking programs that enable volunteers and enrich the information on the sites.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
Benefits & Perks *
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their eligible families (yes, fully paid premiums!)
- The Wellness Program provides reimbursement for mind, body and soul activities such as fitness memberships, massages, cooking classes and much more
- The 401(k) retirement plan offers matched contributions at 4% of annual salary
- Flexible and generous time off - vacation, sick and volunteer days, plus 19 paid holidays - including the last week of the year.
- Family friendly! 100% paid new parent leave for seven weeks plus an additional five weeks for pregnancy, flexible options to phase back in after leave, fully equipped lactation room.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
- Telecommuting and flexible work schedules available
- Appropriate fuel for thinking and coding (aka, a pantry full of treats) and monthly massages to help staff relax
- Great colleagues - diverse staff and contractors speaking dozens of languages from around the world, fantastic intellectual discourse, mission-driven and intensely passionate people
* for benefits eligible staff, benefits may vary by location